Sunday, 4 October 2009

My Little Bean Bum Pocket Diapers...After much designing

So I have made pockets and I love them. At first I noticed a bit of wicking along the leg hole. I was distraught but after reading some tips I added a bit more absorption and wala. No leaks. I only had a 3 layer microfibre insert before so I added a 2 layer bamboo one as well. Now I just use the bamboo because it is just that much more absorbent that I can use it alone! Bamboo is also so much trimmer. Everything I love. Snap fittings, onesize, slim and trim, micro fleece inside so a dry bummy for baby, pocket, Elastic in the front as well and good adjustability. I am a happy momma and Lib is a happy Bean.

5 comments:

  1. I have seen several different types of bamboo fabrics...which one did you use for your 2-layer insert? I am just about to start making my own nappies, and would love a trim insert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used bamboo terry, but I have heard that bamboo fleece is more trim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this design, are you doing a tutorial on it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. indeed, are you going to do a tutorial? these look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this website is like... two years old but I really love your nappies and wondered if you were going to post a pattern for this or for an all in one?! Would love it if you did. Thanks very much!!

    ReplyDelete